21 April 2009
I have been getting this 25 Random Things About Me Tag in my Facebook and Friendster accounts and I've been having fun reading my friends' random things, so I decided to play along and have my own list, too. I changed something, though. Instead of having just 25 random things, I decided to make mine 29 because I turned 29 three weeks ago. Hehehe:)
1. I'm one of the most impatient people I know.
2. I don't laugh easily when I watch movies or TV shows, but when I do laugh, I laugh like crazy! And, I don't care/mind if I'm the only one laughing. Haha!:)
3. I usually don't care about what others would say, as long as I know I'm not doing anything wrong.
4. I can sometimes be brutally honest.
5. I usually just keep my mouth shut the whole time when I'm with people I don't really like. I just listen, hoping to hear something interesting or something that would make me like them.
6. I am short-tempered. I get mad really easily. But, my anger lasts for about 2 minutes. Basically, I just completely explode and then I'm good.
7. I forgive, but I don't forget. If a person has lied to me or has betrayed me, I'd never allow that person to ever do that to me again. If someone has hurt my feelings really bad or has insulted me, chances are I will never hang out with that person again. I wouldn't exactly hate the person, I just won't give him/her another chance to hurt or insult me ever again.
8. For me, respect is the most important thing in the world. Even more important than love.
9. I am convinced that if you don't see anything beautiful or wonderful about yourself, then you are in deep shit!
10. I don't believe in love at first sight.
11. I believe that God created each one of us to be the best that we can be, but it is up to us to actually realize that and become the best.
12. I do not eat vegetables and hot, spicy food.
13. I am very proud to be a Meranao. I love our culture and traditions, our traditional wear, our music and songs (old ones and new ones alike), our literature, our language, and our maratabat (pride). Our culture is so rich and colorful. There are a lot of Meranaos' practices and undisciplined ways I really, really hate; they ruin our beautiful heritage, but this isn't reason enough for me to lose faith in the Meranao as a whole.
14. I love Japan! It's my favorite country, second only to my own country. I love everything about the the country and its people. I love their culture, their language (i want to master it!), their sense of discipline and honor, their food (except for nato and wasabi), their technological advancement, their pop culture, their literature, their movies, etc. Hell, I even love their doramas! I'm greatly fascinated with the geisha and the samurai. Desu kara, Nihon e ikitai desu!
15. I am still in complete shock (and in denial) about something that I very recently found out.
16. I love Asia more than any other continent in the world. Not just because I'm Asian, but because I'm truly amazed about the continent's richness and cultural diversity. I want to visit every single country in Asia. Topping my list of countries I want to visit before I die are: Cambodia, India and China.
17. I am very much contented and satisfied with my life and the way I'm living it.
18. I'm teaching in MSU and that has always been my dream ever since I could remember. At this point in my life, I cannot imagine myself doing something else or being somewhere else. Sure, I want to pursue further studies somewhere else, but that's so I can serve MSU and my students better.
19. My grand-uncle and I had a pact (read: he made me promise on his deathbed) that I will take up Law and be a lawyer like him. Well, I haven't gotten around to do it yet, though I have a brother and a sister who are both lawyers and my younger sister presently in Law School, I feel that I have to keep that promise. But, that can wait. I can't, for the life of me, bring myself to go to Law School right now. I just don't think it's time yet.
20. I believe in good timing and I don't do anything I'm not really into. As per experience, if I don't like something, say, a job, I don't do it even if it pays really well. And, I work within my own time-table. If I don't think it's the right time to do something yet, I don't do it. Like the Visayan-speaking people say: Ayaw'g pugsa kay mudugo!
21. I love pink! Ever since I was a little girl, I've always loved pink. That hasn't changed in the years that passed. Oh, and I also love Hello Kitty. Tee-hee!:)
22. I am an animal lover. I like all kinds of animals, but my favorites are cats, dolphins, zebras and penguins.
23. My most favorite thing to do in the whole world is reading! I read when I'm bored, I read when I'm angry, I read when I'm stressed or tense, I read when I'm sad, I read when I'm happy, I read when I'm down, I read when I'm inspired, I read when I'm sick, I basically read ALL the time. And, I read anything-- fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, news and current events, general information, etc. If there's something I can do for a whole week without moving at all or anything, it'd definitely be cuddling up with a good book. I have a collection that consists of a considerable number of volumes and I consider this collection to be my greatest treasure.
24. I love my family and friends. They are my life. Oh, and my students, too. :)
25. I am fat and I am okay with that. Some people, like my mom, some of my friends and aunts, are not exactly happy about it, but I am. I'm not saying I don't want to shed some pounds off ever, but I don't exactly have problems about my weight at the moment. It's not like I'm unhealthy fat or something. I'm just not one of those people who cannot stop thinking about how fat or thin they are, although I have nothing against them. They want to look good, that's great! But, for me, I believe I look good fat or otherwise. And, I mean that.
26. I can't cook if my life depended on it! I can cook rice, I can fry things and all, but I can't really cook. I wish I knew how, though.
27. I can be really lazy sometimes, but I try to fight it. I also have a tendency to be a procrastinator. I always beat all my deadlines, but I usually start doing things at the eleventh hour. That's something I want to change about myself. But then again, according to my Psychology professor, if something works for you, don't change it or else everything might go topsy-turvy!
28. I'm not exactly a loner, but I work better on my own. I like alone time. I like to go to places alone and one activity I enjoy doing alone most is shopping!
29. I am in love!
04 April 2009
Weeee! My semester is officially over! Finally!!!
I'm really happy that this summer vacation promises a full month or two of rest and relaxation for me. For the first time since I started teaching here in MSU, my request to NOT handle summer classes was approved by our Department Chairperson and our Pre-University Center Director. All's good. I'm pretty psyched up about the vacation. It feels like I've forgotten how vacation feels like. The thing is I have so many things lined up, I don't know where to start. There are so many books I want to read. There are so many things I have to and want to write. There's this blog, of course, that I want to spend more time on, updating and all. There are things and skills I'd like to learn or start learning over the summer. There are lessons and notes I want to update for my classes next semester. There are some researches I need to do. There are many movies and TV Series I'd like to watch. There are places and friends I want to see and visit. And, of course, there's my High School Alma Mater's Alumni Homecoming and Reunion! Whew, there is so much to do!
Yeah, summer vacation's like that for me. A lot of things to attend to. It may seem like it's not even a vacation at all, but, hey, at least I get to sleep and wake up late as much as I want. Now, that, I definitely need! :)