Two poems...


1.

Flashback

The stillness of the night,
The eerie silence of dawn
Bring thoughts of all things
Past, done and left undone!

As my heart’s ears listen to
The music of silent serenity,
And my mind’s eyes see
Things invisible and unseen…

My soul longs to go-
Beyond the chilly blanket
Of the dark night and
To things past and gone by!


2.

I am the Phoenix

From down the very stretches of mine soul,
Endless thoughts of times great and gone by
Lift themselves to where me stands dreaming.
Impatient tears escape to spring upon mine cheeks,
Cares of vengeful vanity triumph over me,
Irrepressible, I grope to go and show to all
The girl who’ll rise from memory’s bones and ashes,
Yesterday, she was down, and yes, that was yesterday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small Voice from Marawi

People don't know that...

Ramadhan Kareem...

Pamamaalam at Pasasalamat sa Apo...

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals and Me