Politics...


Hmm, it's been a while since I last posted an entry. I haven't been hanging around the Internet Centers/Cafes during my last days at home. I wanted to make the most of those days hanging out with friends and family. After all, I am not going to see most of them for a year (or maybe more). But, now that I'm back in Manila again, I'm back to blogging, as well. :)

During my last days in MSU, I had a pretty hectic schedule. There were many things to do, many places to go to and friends to visit. Even with the elections over, there was still so much to do. The whole family was just so busy that we barely saw one another. I think I am the only one in my whole family who's not interested in politics. Some uncles and cousins ran for office so one could just imagine how busy everyone got. Good thing I had the CBP as an excuse for not going with them as they campaigned.

But, after the CBP and after May 10, I had no more excuse so I had to go with them as we waited for the results in the family headquarters. Almost all my cousins served as "watchers" during the counting. It's really weird how people sort of get into a frenzy during election time. Everyone gets into this never-ending excitement and almost every conversation is about the elections or politics in general. I admit that I also get a little excited about these things and I, sometimes, like to talk about politics. I just don't want my life to be all about politics (like some people I know). Besides, politics here in the Philippines really turns me off!

Different people have different opinions and thoughts about things, right? Yeah, that's why I'm different from almost every member of my family. Venturing into politics or having a position is not the only way one can help his/her people, I've always believed. If one really wants to be of service to others, there are lots of other venues. So, I'll just leave politics to others and I hope others would also leave me be... ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small Voice from Marawi

People don't know that...

Ramadhan Kareem...

Pamamaalam at Pasasalamat sa Apo...

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals and Me