Bad news...


How do you comfort people who just lost their father? What do you actually say to them? That everything's going to be all right? That they have to accept it because it's the most natural thing in the world, to die? That they have to be strong for one another? Do you cry with them? Do you tell stories about the recently departed loved-one? Or is it enough to just hug them and squeeze their hands?

Yesterday, I was taking my lunch when I got the news (through a text message) that Zielna's (one of my closest friends) father met an accident. He was riding a motorcycle, and had the right of way, when suddenly a speeding Crosswind swerved and hit his motorcycle sending him flying and hitting, head-first, the Crosswind's windshield before bouncing off to the ground. He died on the spot.

I was shaken by the news. It was a sad, sad, sad news. Very shocking. Marnellie, another friend of mine, and I were just talking about her friend who also met an accident a few days ago, and I was telling her how sorry I was for the Saguisags. When someone dies in an accident, it's doubly hard for the loved ones to accept the death because it usually feels like the person was suddenly stolen from them. I was just thinking about that a few days ago and, now, I find myself having a hard time coming to terms with the sudden death of Zielna's Papa.

I guess the best help I can give the bereft family is to include them and their departed loved-one in my prayers. And, that's what I'm doing. I would really like to lessen their grief, but I really don't know what to say or do.


************

For Ziel:

All I can offer, aside from my prayers, are my hugs so you'll feel that I'm with you in sorrow and my shoulders so you can cry, lean or rest your head anytime you want. And, if you want to talk, my ears are all yours. Hang in there.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'uun.



Comments

balikbayan_box said…
losing someone is always hard to accept. i, myself doesnt know what to do or say. but i tried my best to be with them in time like this.

we can pray for them and let them know we are here for them.
BabyPink said…
'yez, you're right. i guess atong mabuhat lang is be there for them.

thanks.:)

Popular posts from this blog

A Small Voice from Marawi

People don't know that...

Ramadhan Kareem...

Pamamaalam at Pasasalamat sa Apo...

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals and Me