A Letter to My Graduates


Many of my former students, especially those who became very close to me and eventually became my younger brothers and sisters, graduated this year. And, I wrote this letter to and for them. These words really come from the bottom of my heart. For those to whom this is written, you know who you are...


Dear Graduate,

Greetings of peace!

You have reached a very crucial part of your life, one of the most important crossroads of your life. I know that it can be a little scary at times, but I assure you, things will be just fine if you actually want them to. Just trust and believe in yourself, do what you have to do, and never, ever forget God’s huge role in your life and you will not go wrong.

This may be a time of utmost confusion for some of you. You’re not sure what to do. Heck, you’re not even sure what’s good and/or right for you. Well, that’s the real world for you! Welcome to the real world! Life in this side may not be a bed of roses. Things will sometimes turn bad, things may not turn out the way you’ve always planned or wanted. Just remember that you are living a life of tests. You can always change answers, you can erase answers; you can even change your pen, right?

The real world is cruel, I tell you. Sometimes, it’d feel like it’s a huge tiger ready to pounce on you anytime. But, hey, you can bite back! I’m not saying that you also need to be cruel, what I’m saying is you have to toughen up and just trust that despite all the cruelty and bad things in life, it is still beautiful and worth living. It’s only you and you alone who can design your life’s path. Life is, after all, what you make it.

I sincerely pray and wish that each one of you will get all the good things s/he deserves in this life. I pray that God give you not only the things that you wish for, but, more importantly, the things that you truly need and that really matter. Always remember to keep smiling. Smile, as they say, and the whole world smiles with you. Also, when you smile, people won’t know what you’re up to. :)

Always remember that I am right here, as I’ve always been, for you whenever you need to talk or just hang out. Changes happen, they are the most constant of things in life. Now that you have graduated and have left the gates of the university, things will change. Life, here, will never be the same. And, your place will never be taken. Live a life full of dreams, love and cheers. Keep going for your dreams! You have always made me proud, carry on! :)

Thank you so much for all the memories, the good and bad times, the patience and understanding, the laughter and tears, all the moments. Thank you, really, for everything! :)

I will miss you all soooo much!


Yours forever,
Ma’am D


Keep making me and, especially, the university proud! :)

------------


My special thanks goes out to T-Mac for the photo. I love it! :)


Comments

Anonymous said…
aww, that's sweet. i'm sure your students will be inspired by that.
BabyPink said…
Thank you, Odd Girl! I hope so... :)
Anonymous said…
be it known that you are very great Ma'am Diane:) Lablab;)

-ARS (via Facebook)
BabyPink said…
Salamat, 'gang! :)
bing said…
this is sweet. life after graduation truly is reality. it would not be easy but with inspiration from people like you, your students will be strong in dealing with the real world.

cheers to a great teacher! hope someday my son will turn out to be a very nice teacher like you.

care to visit my other blog - <a href="http://warmstonesite.com/woman/>And God created woman...?</a>?
BabyPink said…
Thanks, Miss Bing! With a great mom like you, I'm sure your son will turn out great. :)

Sige, I'll check that out po. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Small Voice from Marawi

People don't know that...

Ramadhan Kareem...

Pamamaalam at Pasasalamat sa Apo...

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals and Me