MMXX Ramblings

Hello, everyone! Haha! I’m just pretending that there are still some people reading this blog. I had the chance to check my blog’s archive because I was looking for a certain entry to show to my friend. Looking back on all those months all those years past made me quite sad. I saw how gradually the entries for every month became fewer and fewer until they stopped altogether. I couldn’t quite believe how active I was in blogging back in the day. There was a time when I’d post two entries in a week. Wow! And, now, I can’t even make time to post at least one entry per month. Tsk, tsk.


I did say that one of the things I wanted to do for 2020 was to make this blog active again and, well, maybe this is the start. And, it’s a really nice date to start again, too. It’s February 29, 2020! It’s so perfect! Me and my obsession with dates! I guess some things never change, huh? Haha!

So, for this entry I’m actually still trying to figure out what I want to write about as I’m typing this. Sorry. There has really been so many things happening in the world, and in the Philippines alone. Since 2020 started, it’s been one major thing after another (forest wildfires, volcanic eruptions, floods, deaths, deadly virus, etc.). It’s actually been a little difficult to breathe after everything that’s been happening, and social media is not helping! But, I always choose to stay positive and look at the good in everything, no matter how small. This is what’s helping me cope.  

I honestly don’t know whether the world has always been this bad and I was just too clueless to care but now that I’m old and wise (?) enough to know and care it’s become apparent to me how bad the world really is or it has actually become so much worse than the world when I was growing up and/or starting to form my worldview. If the world is becoming worse and worse as time goes by, I seriously am afraid for the next generations. What kind of world will theirs be? I am afraid, yes, but this also gives me hope. Hope because the next generations are the reasons why many of us are trying to make this world a better place. It’s because we want to leave behind a world that’s good enough for them to enjoy and live peacefully in that we are doing what we can. I see more and more people caring about things and people other than themselves. I see more and more people becoming selfless and wanting to even give more. I see more and more people questioning things and practices that need to be checked. I see more and more people wanting and working towards positive change. I see more and more people working together. It doesn’t matter to these people what age or race they are, they just want a better world. How can I not be inspired by that?

Then again, I also see a lot of people who refuse to see what’s wrong. I see people who deny the bad things going on around them even if these things are happening right before their eyes. I see people who refuse change. I see people who just don’t care. These people are the yin to the progressive people’s yang. I guess we also need them in the world. You know, to balance things. Or, I don’t know, maybe I’m just trying to make sense of how and why some people really just don’t get it.

But, I’d like to think that, at the end of the day, we’ll all realize that we really can’t achieve any change or progress or anything at all if we don’t work together. The sooner we realize this, the better. And, I mean ALL of us! We. Need. To. Act. For. A. Better. World. Now.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small Voice from Marawi

People don't know that...

Ramadhan Kareem...

Pamamaalam at Pasasalamat sa Apo...

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals and Me