Another wedding...


Another one of my closest (best) friends, Ate Khair, got married last August 20th. It's actually so funny when we think about everything because we never really thought she'd end up with the guy she married. He was my very first major crush ever! I had this really huge crush on him for about two years. Days after she found out and confirmed that the guy was the one her parents and family chose for her, she called to tell me the news and asked me if I was mad or something. Yes, it was such a big surprise, but mad?! Of course, not! I couldn't be happier for them. And now, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that they're really perfect for each other.

What made me sad and still makes me sad, though, is the fact that I wasn't present during one of the most important days in Ate Khair's life. Not being in Leyh's (the first one in our barkada to get married) wedding doesn't help at all! Even if my mom was there calling me every other hour to update me, it's not the same as being there. I can only imagine everything. It's very frustrating, really.

It's bad enough that I'm feeling very selfish again... just like the way I felt when Leyh got married. I am not sure if this is normal, but while I am very happy that two of my best friends married "dream" guys I also cannot help but feel bad about it (their getting married). I feel like my best friends are being taken away from me one by one. And, not being in their weddings makes this feeling worse. It almost feels like I just gave my best friends away without even a fight. I'm crazy, yes!

I know this may not be a welcome feeling, but I can't help it! This is how I feel... I also know that that this will pass. I sure hope and pray that the next time one of us gets married, I will be there! Insha-Allah! :)


***********************


MSU Day...

Yay, it's September 1!!! It's MSU's Foundation Day! When you're in MSU on this particular day, you're absoultely in for a great day! It's the most wonderful time of the year for MSUans! Everyone's happy and smiling... and really full! Full? Yeah, full because it's "open house" day! You can choose from any of the dormitories and boarding houses and pick any room and just go there and eat and eat and eat as much as you can! Even private cottages open their doors to visitors and even total strangers. It's like fiesta! This lasts for two days (although some could only afford to have guests for a day).

I remember that I'd feel like I would gain tons more weight every September 1. My friends and I would start going around the campus at about 10 o'clock in the morning (right after the very colorful university parade). It's best to do this walking! And, there was this one time, we stopped only after 6 o'clock in the afternoon! You could just imagine how much we ate! We just ate and ate and ate! We went to our friends' places, we went to places where we didn't really know anyone and just ate and ate and ate! God, just thinking of that now makes me sick. On that day, I was just so full that I thought I couldn't get up!

It's one of the best times to go visit MSU because everyone is just so happy and giving. You'll get to see the best dorm rooms (usually the male engineering students win in this category), the best performances (dances and singing). Hay! :)

Home is really where the heart is. And, right now, I swear I'd give anything to be where my heart is!

"MSU, paraiso ka sa amin..." The song goes and that cannot be more true. I love you, Mindanao State University (Marawi)! Happy birthday! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small Voice from Marawi

People don't know that...

Ramadhan Kareem...

Pamamaalam at Pasasalamat sa Apo...

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals and Me