Low-Batt...


I am tired.

I am just so tired that, save for a few things, I've lost interest in many things that have always interested me. I haven't had 8 straight hours of sleep in the past two weeks. No, I'm not exactly complaining, I'm just saying.

What I want most right now is one work-free, stress-free week in some place that's relaxing and where I can just read the whole day. Sometimes, when I'm just about to sleep, I think of this "vacation" and I feel a little less tired and stressed out. But, that also makes me realize how badly I want that. Oh well, I guess, everything will just have to wait until the semester ends.

I just hope that our Department Chairperson allows me to take some rest in the summer. Some people at the College are saying that contractual faculty members will be "forced to teach" this summer what with the new administration and all. I think I've expressed time and again how much I love teaching, but I just really need a vacation so I can rest and "re-charge" because, honestly, I feel like a mobile phone whose battery is just so low it can barely function. The last thing I want right now is to be burnt-out. I've gone through that before and, God, it wasn't at all nice! I. Need. That. Vacation.

************


By the way, some people have been asking me if this blog has Archives (where all previous entries can be found and viewed) and Links. Yes, this blog does have these things. They're on the left sidebar. Please click on the Mermaid icon (Into the Ocean) for my Archives, the Girl's Face icon (Into Blogging) for the Blog Links, and the Spider Web icon (Into the Web) for Links to some of my favorite websites.

For those who've been asking how I actually managed to pull this blog's design, I'd like to, once again, say that all credit goes to Ala. She designed this blog and how she was able to create something like this amazes me, too. :)

For the nth time, ARIGATOU Ala-chan!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Can understand what you feel. We do need to go out and recharge our batteries from time to time. Do take the opportunity to take some time out.
Balbonics said…
BP! Vacations are tiring, too!!! Wish could've seen you. Next time. :)
Nel said…
Sige Day pagbakasyon! Dali diri sa Davao kay ako kang dad-on sa exclusive island. Magbasa lang ta og libro didto hehehe... Bitaw day, kung gusto kag dagat, diri sa Davao adto ba.. hehehe.. Ako pud invite si Kir para daghan ta hehehehe... Pati si Ate Pie kung gusto nya heheheh...

Ok na gyud ang comment box nako bata! yehey! Nadawat na nako imong comment uy. Tan-awa ra gud. naa na didto ehehehe.. Salamat kaayo ha..

I got the idea of letters to my son from another friend who is blogging for her son also. hehhe. Nice kaayo no? Heheheh. excited na gani ko kung kabalo na mobasa akong anak! waahahahahahha...

Miss you Bata. Relax sa dinha uy. Hehehe.. Adto ka SIGA???
noreen said…
hindi msamang mag-pahinga. hay. ako din kailangan ko ng bakasyon. kelan kaya? super stressed din sa work ngayon. hirap kumita ng pera, no? hehe saka hirap talaga ng may pangarap :D
BabyPink said…
adam, i try to rest everytime i have the chance to. thanks! :)

B, tama ka! vacations are really tiring, too. kaya nga 1 week lang ang hinihingi ko eh. baka masobrahan, mahirap na! hehehe:)

bata, unta kung ing-ana ra siya kadali ba nga pwede ra ko magbakasyon anytime. hehehe:) dugay na tana ko mi-anha! hay. :)

miss noreen, tama ka. mahirap kumita ng pera at saka lalo na kapag may mga pangarap. pero kakayanin! :)
Anonymous said…
let's ko and attend SIGA! :) ako man, I just need to travel.

*hugs* Ket! Godwilling, SIGA it is. :)
Patio Princess said…
Dianne!!!!!!

I can totally relate!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not easy I know.... what to do, but try to keep afloat.
Julia said…
Hi Dianne. Ako man sobrang stressed out na sa trabaho. I work 12 hours a day 5 days a week (plus 6-8 hours a day pag saturday). Looking forward na ako sa bakasyon ko middle of this year. mahirap magpaalipin sa ibang bayan...hahaha
Dr. Emer said…
Rest! Rest! The best way is to sleep for 8 hours uninterrupted.
BabyPink said…
tita pie, yes! SIGA it is, insha-Allah! :)

rhy, i'm doing my best. :)

julia, naku, sinabi mo... mas mahirap nga siguro talaga diyan. good luck sa ating lahat! :)

doc emer, i'm trying to get just that. :)
Anonymous said…
hi, baby pink. i think most people need that - a vacation. i so wanted it, too.

it is your blog design that got me interested.
Anonymous said…
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel the same! I'm also running on empty but I have to teach this summer too...

Hugs...
Salaam Diane,

Aaaah, I know how you feel...to be free from work, to be mindless about absolutely everything - that would be great talaga ;-)

May we all have our batteries recharged.
Anonymous said…
how about the buttons at the bottom part? the flashy ones? where did you get it? :)
Anonymous said…
Hi,

I'm Elmer and I work at pacificadvance.com, a company interested in blog advertizing. I found your blog bago-a-raga.blogspot.com engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back (elmer@pacificadvance.com) and I'll send you pricing details, guidelines and processes. Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Elmer
Pacificadvance.com
Dilip Mutum said…
It's been ages since you last updated. Hope everythign is OK out there.
Unknown said…
OMG. are you like a close friend of Ala Paredes? Like seriously? Man, She's like the best blogger I know.

you write well too!

Popular posts from this blog

A Small Voice from Marawi

People don't know that...

Ramadhan Kareem...

Pamamaalam at Pasasalamat sa Apo...

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals and Me