Happy Quezon Day... :)


My brother, his wife and their four-year-old son, Goby, are in Manila for a few days. I've posted pictures of LoveLove (my petname for Goby) in a previous entry. He's the most adorable kid in the whole world. I have other nephews and nieces, but our Goby is the only one who really grew up with us (i mean, in our house). I was practically his "yaya" during his infancy, before I left for SSEAYP and when I came back. This is why Goby will always have a special place in my heart. He's like my eldest son. :)

Last Thursday, I spent three wonderful hours with them (my brother and his family). We met at SM Megamall, with me almost unable to stay still during the ride to the place. Goby has grown taller and lost some weight, which his mom is excited about because she doesn't want him to gain too much weight. He's as active as ever. When we went to buy him shoes, he talked and talked non-stop to the saleslady and it was obvious that the tired but nice lady enjoyed talking to the little man. :) We were all just laughing about his ideas and observations.

We went to the kiddie area (i have no idea what it's called), where there were kiddie rides and all. Goby went straight towards a kiddie airplane and with a really bossy stance told another little boy, "Alis ka! Ako na!" (Get off! It's my turn!) The other boy just stared at my nephew blankly. We, of course, told him that what he did was not good and that he had to wait for his turn. But, I couldn't help but laugh. I guess when you're so in love with a person, you'd let him/her get away with things that you normally wouldn't let pass. And, besides, my nephew is just four years old! :)

Those three amazing hours passed so fast that the next thing I knew I was kissing ang hugging my LoveLove goodbye. I was teary-eyed for God knows when I'm going to see him again, but the happiness my seeing him (and his parents, of course) gave me is enough to last for a long time ('til I see them again). I was so happy that even the super rude Philippine Heart Center nurse who sat beside me in the bus couldn't ruin my day. Up until this very moment, I'm just so happy. :)

I thank God that Manuel L. Quezon was born on August 19. Aside from my report being postponed for a week, I was able to see three of the people for whom I continue doing good. :)

**********

I will be posting pictures as soon as my sister-in-law emails them to me. For some unknown reason, I forgot to bring my camera that Thursday! Tsk, tsk, tsk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small Voice from Marawi

People don't know that...

Ramadhan Kareem...

Pamamaalam at Pasasalamat sa Apo...

Musicals, Musicals, Musicals and Me